SFC error is an essential tool for fixing the faulty registry and corrupted system files. However sometimes the SFC scan itself stops to respond and an error pops up on the screen saying: Windows resource protection SFC error, so in order to fix this issue follow the below-mentioned methods.
How to fix the Windows resource protection SFC error?
Perform an SFC scan in the Safe Mode:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type msconfig and press OK
- Then select the Safe Mode option and click OK
- Now click on Restart
- You’ll boot in Safe Mode now
- Try to run sfc scan in the safe mode and see if it’s working
Checking disk for any possible errors:
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Let the command run and restart the PC
- After the chkdsk runs try performing an SFC scan
Update your drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager manager opens
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
- Repeat the task for every driver
If this article turned out to be a useful guide in fixing the SFC error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.