Shell Common DLL has stopped working error is one of the common and frequent errors which can be very problematic. However, it’s not something to worry about because this guide will help you get rid of the error from your computer.
How can I fix Windows Shell Common DLL has stopped working error?
Check if Windows Time Service is working:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- Then input services.msc in the RUN dialogue box and click OK
- Now, in the Services window navigate to Windows Time Service and right-click on it
- After that select Start
Run System Maintenance Tool:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Then type msdt.exe-id Maintenance Diagnostic and press OK
- When the System Maintenance window appears simply click next and let the process finish then examine if the error is fixed
Use a different application to change microphone settings:
- First start Bandicam and head over to the Video Settings
- Then click on Settings in the Record section
- Next, click the Settings button next to your microphone
- Now you can change your microphone settings as per your choice without any problems
If this guide was useful in fixing Windows Shell Common DLL has stopped working error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.