Windows update is really important for the Windows operating system as it fixes previous errors and buges as well as bring with itself more security and other new features. If your update process stops in between update because of the error code 0x800f0986 then read this article till the end to know how to fix it.
How to fix the error code: 0x800f0986?
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Turn off Windows update service:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type service.msc and click OK
- Now scroll down from the menu to Windows Update
- Then double click and open Windows Update
- Next, open Properties windows
- Simply click on the startup type drop down menu and choose Automatic
- Then press the Start button on the properties window
- Click Apply and hit OK to save changes
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install a more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
If this article was useful to you in fixing the update error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.