You must update your Windows to prevent your OS from becoming slow and obsolete. Moreover, Windows update solves a ton of bugs and previous error as well as provide more security to the system with new security updates. Nevertheless, Windows update tends to fail on a clean install but you can surely fix this issue using the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix the Windows update failing issue?
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Reset Windows update components:
• Press the Windows key + X key
• And run the command prompt as admin
• And then type in the following command
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
• Let the command run and then restart your PC
Disable proxy server:
- Press Windows key + S key
- Search for Internet Options and choose Internet Options
- Head over to Connection Tab in the internet settings and click on Lan Settings
- Now deselect the option Use a proxy server for your Lan.
- Click Ok
If the article assisted you well in fixing the problem then, please let us know in the comments below.