Whenever you’re prompted with an error message saying: Your Browser has Been Locked, this means that your operating system is attacked by malware. You need not worry about this error message as you can fix it by following this step by step guide.
How to fix the error message: Your Browser has Been Locked?
Install and run Malwarebytes:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and run Task Manager
- Then head over to Processes Tab
- Now choose Show processes for all users
- End all processes linked to the infected web browser
- Then download Malwarebytes and install it
- Next, from the main window of Malwarebytes choose full system scan and click on Scan
- Then choose Show Results
- Next, select all the infected files and click Remove Selected
- Lastly, restart your PC and run a quick scan on Malwarebytes
Install a tool that blocks browser hijacks:
In order to prevent this problem in the future. Install a tool that blocks such kinds of browser hijacks in the future.
Install Windows Defender Browser Protection extension:
One of the well-known extension tools to protect your browser from the majority of the online threats such as malware, phishing, virus, etc is the Windows Defender Browser Protection extension.
Leave your feedback in the comments section below if this article proved to be useful in fixing the issue.