You may be facing an error on your computer, and the fix to that is a system restore, but unfortunately, that stopped working too. Exactly the fix itself needs some fixing. Here are some ways to fix the issue of system restore not working keep reading guys!
How to fix the restore system not working error in Windows 10?
Look if system restore is enabled:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Type gpedit.msc in the box
- Then head over to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > System Restore
- Set the turn off system restore and turn off configuration to not configured
- Click apply and then ok.
Run an SFC and DSIM scan :
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Then restart your computer.
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Then let the command run and restart the PC
Create a restore point manually:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Enter choose a restore point
- Then choose any restore point of your choice from the list
- Next click the create button and enter the name of your restore point
- Check if the restore point is created and then use the manually created restore point
- Disable your antivirus
- Run system restore in safe mode
- Scan hard drive for errors
- Modify registry