The reason to the video_tdr_failure atikmpag.sys error that appears on your screen is an issue with the AMD/ATI graphic card. However it’s no big deal just a small issue between the graphic card and the operating system, you can fix this issue by using these below-mentioned methods.
How to fix video_tdr_failure atikmpag.sys error in Windows 10?
Update your graphic driver
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager
- head to Display Adapters section. Now find your graphic card driver
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok
- After the driver has been removed, Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective graphic driver’s site and download and install the latest drivers
Use command prompt:
- Before opening command prompt download the latest built of ATI / AMD graphics card driver
- Then, head over to the following location: C:WindowsSystem32drivers.
- Look for the atikmdag.sys file and rename it into atikmdag.sys.old.
- Access the ATI directory located on your C drive and copy-paste the atikmdag.sy_ file on desktop
- Next open the command prompt and run as admin
- After that type in the following command and press Enter:
- Now, enter expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys and press Enter.
- When the process is completed then copy the atikmdag.sys and paste it to C:WindowsSystem32Drivers.
- Finally restart the PC
Reinstall graphic driver in Safe Mode:
- Press Windows key + R keyThe RUN box will appear type MSConfig and press Enter.
- From the system configuration window, select the Boot Tab
- Now select the option of “Safe Boot”
- And now you’ll reboot to the safe mode.
- Then simply update your graphic drivers like before
If you were able to fix the error using this article as a guide the please leave your feedback in the comments section below.