A recovery drive is a tool in Windows that helps to reinstall the operating system and reset your system to its working state. However, sometimes because of any error or glitch in the system, you can’t create the recovery drive. This article is a complete step by step guide to help you resolve this issue on your computers.
How to fix the issue ‘can’t create a recovery drive’?
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system, and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Formatting the USB drive:
- Back up your drive’s file and documents
- Now connect the USB drive to the PC
- Next, right-click on the USB drive and click format
- Follow the instructions on the screen to comply with the process and after that, create a new recovery drive
Replace the USB drive:
One way to solve this issue is to replace the USB hard disk and create a new recovery drive.
If this article helped resolve your issue, then let us know in the comments below.