Microsoft makes sure it fixes bugs and errors with every new update but there still some errors that persist on Windows 10 such as the Error 0x80070017. It is an update error that doesn’t let you access new updates for your Windows. However, there are solutions to this error to know and implement them please read the article further.
How to fix error 0x80070017?
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update, and it works for errors such as 0x80070017.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Unplug the USB devices:
It is found that USB devices can cause hindrance with your system and cause errors like ‘error 0x80070017‘ so to fix that unplug any unnecessary USB devices.
Run SFC and DSIM scan:
• Press Windows key + X key
• The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
• Now type in the following command.
• Then press Enter
• After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
• Then let the command run and restart the PC
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be causing hindrance in the updating process. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
Reset Windows update components:
• Press the Windows key + X key
• And run the command prompt as admin
• And then type in the following command
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
• Let the command run and then restart your PC
If you know solutions to this error, then please mention them in the comments below!