Windows 10 runs smoothly and provides users with ultimate stability, but sometimes the Windows error tends to come in the of the stable experience. These errors include the ‘update error 0x8000ffff‘ and doesn’t let you download the latest Windows update. Luckily, we have solutions to this error keep reading the article!
How to fix the update error 0x8000fff?
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Open start menu
- Head over to settings and click on Updates & Security
- Next click on recovery and select advanced startup
- Now click on the restart and choose troubleshoot
- Now click on Advanced Options.
- In the Advanced Options, click on Startup Settings.
- Click Restart in safe mode networking.
- Now perform the update in the safe mode.
Run a deep virus scan:
- Get into the Safe Mode
- Delete Temporary Files
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type cleanmgr and press ok
- Let the process to finish
- Select temporary files and then choose delete. Do not select the ones you want to keep
- Now run an antivirus scan and delete the malware founded
- And restart your PC after that.
Uninstall and update your graphic driver:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next click on Device Manager
- When the Device Manager manager opens head to Display Adapters section, now find your respective driver.
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok.
- After the driver has been removed Restart your PC
- Now go download and install the latest updates
If you know more solutions to this error, then please let us know in the comments below!