An update is something that is vital for any operating system as it keeps the system up to date and stable. Moreover, it also makes the system more secure as the update brings new security features and tools with it. However, sometimes users face an error code 8024402F during the update process on Windows 10. If you encountered the same issue then worry not, you can fix the error by following the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix the error code 8024402F?
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
Disable proxy server:Disable proxy server:
- Press Windows key + S key
- Search for Internet Options and choose Internet Options
- Head over to Connection Tab in the internet settings and click on Lan Settings
- Now deselect the option Use a proxy server for your Lan.
- Click Ok
Leave a comment below if this article aided you in fixing the error.