Cortana is one of the most prominent and most useful additions in Windows 10. But it doesn’t work. Cortana can be very annoying and can reduce system functionality a lot, but there is a way to fix it.
What should I do if Cortana won’t work on Windows 10?
Cortana is one of the best features of Windows 10; however, many users report various problems with it. Talking about issues, here are some common problems reported by users:
- Windows 10 Start Menu and Cortana Don’t Work – There are many reasons for this problem, and we discuss similar issues in our start menu. It doesn’t work, so be sure to check it out.
- Cortana does not work after updates – some users report that Cortana does not work after the update. To fix the problem, register the universal application, and the issue must be resolved.
- Cortana continues to close – this is a common problem that you can meet. To fix it, create a new user account and check whether it solves the problem.
- Cortana is not available, speaking, appearing, opening, searching, loading. Many problems can arise when using Cortana, but you must finish most of them by using one of our solutions.
Change your area
- Open the settings application. You can do it quickly by pressing the Windows key + I shortcut.
- Now, navigate to the time & language section.
- From the menu on left, select the right panel area & language to set your country or region to the United States.
After making this change, Cortana must start working on your PC without problems.
2. Check your firewall
- Open Search, type a firewall, and open an application via Windows Firewall.
- In the application window, it is allowed to go to change settings.
- Now find all the Cortana features in the application and features that are permitted: and check everything.
- Click OK and check whether Cortana functions now.
If Cortana doesn’t work, your firewall might be the cause, so ensure that Cortana is allowed through your firewall.