Sometimes you’re unable to launch a .exe file on your computer. And this error doesn’t let you run the application or software on the .exe. file. So here are some methods to solve this error on your Windows 10
Ways to fix the. exe files not opening in Windows 10
Method 1[ Creating a new user account ]
- Press the Windows key + I key
- The Settings application will appear
- Now head over to the Accounts section and then select family & other users tab
- Click on Add someone else to the PC in the other users section
- Click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
- Now click on Add a user without Microsoft account
- Enter the desired user name and click Next
Method 2:[ Eliminating Malware ]
Your system may be infected by malware which corrupts or modifies the files, and that’s why your computer is facing the ‘fix.exe files not found’ error. All you’ve to do is down Malwarebytes and install it. Once the corrupted or damaged files are removed from the system, your issue will be resolved permanently.
Method 3: [ Changing the registry ]
If you see the error is still present that you can try on changing the registry by following the steps below:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Then run command prompt as admin
- After the command prompt window is opened type in the following command in the prompt box
- Next press Enter
- Registry window will appear there head to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.exe.
- Double click on the Default key and set the data value to exefile
- Next head over to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTexefileshellopencommand key
- Select Default and double click on it and set it’s value to “%1” %*
- Lastly, restart your PC
If you know more ways to solve this issue, mention them in the comments below!