COM surrogate is usually termed as a sacrificial program because when software extensions run and by any means if those extensions crash so the COM surrogate faces the damage. COM surrogate is indeed a very useful program but sometimes it also stops working which can be a problem for running the softwares because without COM surrogate they softwares will face all the damage.
How can I fix the COM surrogate errors?
Close COM surrogate through Task Manager:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc key
- Navigate to COM surrogate in Task Manager
- Right click on it and select End Task
- After ending the task look if the issue is fixed
Add COM surrogate to data execution prevention exclusion list:
- Open Advanced System Settings
- Click on the Settings button in the performance section
- Then head over to Data Execution Prevention Tab
- Now select the check box Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select and simply click on Add button
- Head over to C:WindowsSystem32 (if you have 32-bit Windows) or C:WindowsSysWOW64 (if you have 64-bit Windows)
- Look for dllhost.exe and open it
- Then click Apply and OK to save changes
Check hard drive for errors:
- Go to This PC
- Look for drive you wish to check
- Right-click it and select Properties
- Head over to the Tools Tab
- Then click the Check Button
- Let the process run and after fix any errors that are found
If this article was useful to you in fixing the COM surrogate errors then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.