Windows update is an essential task that is necessary to keep your windows version up to date and enable it to work properly. However, many users are prompted with an error code 0xC1900209. If you’re also prompted with this error and wish to fix it then follow the step by step methods mentioned below.
How to fix the error code 0xC1900209?
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that. Restart your PC
Clear Windows update cache:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type services.msc and press Enter
- Now right click on Windows update service
- Next, open File Explorer
- Then navigate to the following path %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore through the address bar and press Enter
- Look for DataStore folder and delete all the files in this folder
- Head over to the Services app and right-click on the Windows update service
- Now select Start
- Let the process complete and see if the issue is fixed
If this article was helpful in fixing the update error then, please leave a comment below.