Windows 10 is the most efficient operating system created by Microsoft and gets even better with every update but sometimes Windows 10 updates get stuck on obtaining updates, however it isn’t a biggie as you can fix it using this step-by-step guide.
How to resolve the issue of Windows 10 updates stuck on getting updates?
Clear Windows update cache:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type services.msc and press Enter
- Now right click on Windows update service
- Next, open File Explorer
- Then navigate to the following path %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore through the address bar and press Enter
- Look for DataStore folder and delete all the files in this folder
- Head over to the Services app and right-click on the Windows update service
- Now select Start
- Let the process complete and see if the issue is fixed
Utilize command prompt:
- Open command prompt with admin privileges
- Then input the following command and press Enter:
net stop wuauserv
- Let the command run and then restart the PC
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
If you were able to resolve the issue by using the solutions mentioned in this guide then let us know in the comments section below.