Are you eager to embrace the latest Windows 11 23H2 upgrade but unsure how to transition from your current Windows 10 setup? Fret not, as we guide you through four seamless methods to achieve this upgrade. Whether you prefer using the ISO file, Windows Update, the Update Assistant, or the Windows Insider Program, we have you covered. Let’s explore these options and ensure a smooth transition to the exciting new features of Windows 11 23H2.
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2 from ISO file
- Access the Microsoft Support website: Start your upgrade journey by visiting the official Microsoft Support website.
- Select Windows 11: Under the “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)” section, opt for the Windows 11 option.
- Begin the Download: Click the Download button to initiate the download process.
- Choose Your Language: Select your preferred installation language to proceed.
- Confirm Your Selection: Click the Confirm button to confirm your language choice.
- Download the ISO File: Click the Download button to save the Windows 11 23H2 ISO file to your computer.
- Mount the ISO File: Right-click the ISO file, choose the Windows Explorer option from the Open with submenu, and then click on the mounted drive from the left navigation pane.
- Initiate the Upgrade: Double-click the Setup file to begin the upgrade process.
- Customize Update Options (Optional): If desired, click the “Change how Windows Setup downloads updates” option and select “Not right now.”
- Accept Terms: Click the Next and Accept buttons to agree to the terms.
- Commence Installation: Click the Install button to start the upgrade process.
Upon completing these steps, your system will embark on the upgrade journey, and your device will restart multiple times. As this is an in-place upgrade, you won’t need to go through the initial setup again, as your previous settings, applications, and files will automatically transition to Windows 11 23H2.
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2 from Windows Update
Once Windows 11 23H2 is officially available, you can manually update your Windows 10 system using the Windows Update settings.
- Access Settings: Open the Settings application.
- Navigate to Update & Security: Click on Update & Security.
- Access Windows Update: Choose Windows Update from the options.
- Check for Updates: Click the “Check for updates” button.
- Download and Install: Click the “Download and install” button.
- Restart Your System: Click the Restart Now button.
Upon following these steps, Windows Update will initiate the upgrade process from Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2.
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2 using Installation Assistant
To upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 from Windows 10 using the Installation Assistant tool, proceed as follows:
- Visit Microsoft Support: Begin by visiting the Microsoft Support website.
- Download the Tool: Click the Download Now button under the “Windows 11 Installation Assistant” section.
- Launch the Tool: Double-click the Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe file to launch the tool.
- Accept and Install: Click the “Accept and install” button.
Following these steps will initiate the upgrade process, ensuring your system runs the latest version of Windows 11 23H2.
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 23H2 through the Insider Program
For those who desire early access to Windows 11 23H2, enrolling in the “Release Preview Channel” of the Windows Insider Program is the way to go. Here’s how:
- Access Settings: Open the Settings application.
- Go to Update & Security: Click on Update & Security.
- Enter Windows Insider Program: Choose Windows Insider Program from the menu.
- Initiate Enrollment: Click the Get Started button.
- Link Your Account: Select the “Link an account” option and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Select Release Preview Channel: Under “Pick your Insider settings,” choose the “Release Preview Channel” option.
- Confirm Choices: Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking the Confirm button.
- Restart Your System: After confirmation, click the Restart button.
- Check for Updates: Once your system reboots, access Settings again, navigate to Update & Security, and click on Windows Update. Then, click the “Check for updates” button.
- Restart Again: After this, click the Restart button.
Following these steps, your system will upgrade to Windows 11 23H2 from Windows 10.
Upon completing the upgrade, you can opt out of the Insider Program using the “Windows Insider Program” settings page and enable the “Stop getting preview builds” toggle switch. Your system will continue receiving maintenance and security updates as long as version 23H2 is supported.
As of the update on September 25, 2023, some features of version 23H2 are available on Windows 11, not Windows 10. Microsoft will eventually roll out an update to fully transition from version 22H2 to 23H2. Stay tuned for updates to the Media Creation Tool, Installation Assistant, and ISO file and the possibility of direct updates for devices with older OS releases.