Last Updated on December 7, 2022 by Rizwan
First day of availability for Windows 11 update 22H2 from Microsoft.
On October Patch Day, Microsoft published the first security update for Windows 11 Version 2022. All users who have already made the switch have access to this initial upgrade, which addresses various problems and security flaws.
Microsoft has issued the first security update for Windows 11 since the introduction of the 22H2 feature upgrade in 2022.
In terms of updates, the first one for Windows 11 22H2 will be the monthly October patch, which will be released as soon as possible. In fact, it’s already available via Windows’ built-in updating mechanism.
With this revision, version 22621.674 is now the official build number. Microsoft has provided a summary of the most noteworthy changes introduced in the latest version in the Knowledge Base. In addition, the Windows 11 22H2 patch article (KB5018427) can be found in Microsoft’s regular Knowledge Base.
There is still a lack of information.
All computers running Windows 11 version 22H2, which was released in September, are eligible for the update. However, Microsoft does not provide many specifics regarding the updates included in this initial release in the Knowledge Base. For months, this has been the standard procedure, and patch days have been marked by a period of silence regarding the changes. The release notes will be updated in the days following the release to reflect any necessary modifications to improve security. These details are already available:
- We repair Windows computers that have been compromised.
- As part of this update, security fixes previously found in KB5017389 have been implemented (released September 30, 2022). Important new features in this version are:
- The operating system’s inner workings have been updated with various security enhancements. No further problems have been reported with this release.
- Assuming you have already updated your device, this package will only download and install the latest available updates.
- See the Security Update Guide webpage and the October 2022 Security Updates for more details on known security flaws.
Update for Windows 11’s Servicing Stack, Version 22000.378
The servicing stack, the part of Windows that installs updates, has been updated and improved in this version. If you want your devices to be able to receive and install Microsoft updates, you need to make sure you have a robust and dependable servicing stack, and SSU does just that.