Sometimes the network protocol goes missing and so you will need the below-mentioned step by step methods to fix that. Let’s have a look at them.
How to fix the missing network protocol issue?
Renew the IP address:
- Open the command prompt and run as admin.
- Now type in the following command in the command prompt:
- Now press the following command and press Enter.
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
Update your adapter’s drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager manager opens head to Display Adapters section, find your network’s Adapter driver.
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok.
- After the driver has been removed, Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective network’s adapter manufacturer’s site and download and install the latest drivers.
- Click Download File
- Then click Save
- Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
- Navigate to where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file
- Windows System will auto restart and update BIOS
- After BIOS update is finished
- the system will automatically reboot to effect changes.
Did the article help you fix the missing network protocol issue? Then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.