Windows users tend to face network connection errors after the installation of updates. If you’re one of those users who don’t have an internet connection after installing the updates then check your network adapter using the Device Manager. If everything seems to be okay then try the methods mentioned below to fix it.
How to fix the internet connection problem after installing the update?
Run the Windows Troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select internet connection under Get up and Running and click Run the troubleshooter.
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
Update your adapter’s drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager manager opens head to Display Adapters section, find your network’s Adapter driver.
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok.
- After the driver has been removed, Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective network’s adapter manufacturer’s site and download and install the latest drivers.
If this article was useful in fixing the problem then please leave a comment below.