Sfc scan or system file checker scan is found to be an excellent fix to many errors in Windows. However, sometimes the sfc scan itself stops to function because of any corrupted files or other reasons. Here are the best solutions to fix this issue on your Windows 10.
Solutions to fix SFC on Windows 10:
Replacing the corrupted files:
It may be possible because of random PC shutdowns; the files could get corrupted and cause hindrance in the SFC scan. So it would help if you considered replacing the corrupted files with new ones.
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore the window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Reset the Windows:
- Open the start menu then click on the power button.
- Then press and hold this Shift key and click on restart.
- Select Troubleshoot and then choose reset PC > keep my files log in with your username and password.
- Then choose the version of your Windows and click reset.
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
If this article was helpful to you, then leave your feedback in the comments below.