Windows is one of the well-performing softwares out there but sometimes the Windows update gets stuck in between the process and you’re encountered by an error that says:’This might take several minutes‘. You can get rid of this error by simply waiting for a bit or maybe reset your PC however at times that doesn’t work and you’ve to go for more thorough troubleshooting. In this article we provide you step by step troubleshooting methods so that you can get rid of this error from your system
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Utilize system restore:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- And follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Turn off Windows update service:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type service.msc and click OK
- Now scroll down from the menu to Windows Update
- Then double click and open Windows Update
- Next choose Disabled from the Startup Menu
- Simply click Apply and OK to save changes
If this article turned out to be a useful guide to you and helped you fix the update error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.