Windows Update Error (0x80080005) is among the list of most annoying errors that take place when users try to update their Windows 10 system or download available updates.
Here in this blog, you will easily learn about different techniques to get rid of Windows Update 0x80080005 error. Before applying the given solutions, we will first learn more about Windows Update Error 0x80080005.
There are several reasons why Windows Update error code 0x80080005 may trigger, so we can blame no specific issue. It requires Windows Update for your computer to run smoothly. Updates include a lot of essentials like the latest security updates, patches, and more.
If you cannot update your system or it is no longer up to date, your computer or laptop is vulnerable to many exploits. Therefore, it is recommended that you update and update your operating system as soon as possible.
To avoid any errors, you need to update a number of Windows components, including system drivers, installed applications, critical system files, active antivirus definitions, and more.
That way, you can get rid of system errors, unwanted crashes, irresponsible service, and computer virus infections. If you now get to “Fixing Windows Update 0x80080005 Error”, we will fix some solutions. Apply them one by one and check the issue after they are implemented.
Methods to fix Windows Update error 0x80080005
- Step 1: Go to the antivirus icon, right-click on the icon, and select Disable.
- Step 2: After that, you need to select the interval that the anti-virus will remain inactive.
- Step 3: Now try running Windows Update Service and updating the system. If all goes well and the error goes away, update the system.
- Step 4: Open Control Panel by pressing Windows + X and selecting Control Panel.
- Step 5: Then click on System & Security -> Windows Firewall again.
- Step 6: In the left pane, you will see the option to disable/enable the Windows Firewall feature. From here, click Enable or Disable Windows Firewall.
- Step 7: Select the Close Windows Firewall and restart your computer.
- Then check if you can update your Windows system.