Why Elara app prevent a shutdown in Windows 10? [Solved]
The Elara app is an application that comes pre-installed with most systems. This application improves the function of your pointing device.
However, there are reports that this application prevented many users from turning off their Windows 10 system.
Some of the essential causes of this problem are outdated drivers, an unresponsive touchpad, or more.
Check for Windows 10 and update the touchpad driver
- Find the Setting app from the Start menu and open the app.
- Navigate to the Update and Security section, and there select Check for Updates.
- Your system will start downloading all the latest updates. Wait until you have completed the system installation process.
- Press Windows + X
- Click Device Manager in the options list.
- Go to Mice and pointing devices section, right-click on the driver, and Update driver by clicking.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Repeat the same process for updating all drivers listed under this section.
- Alternatively, you can manually download the latest updates from your hardware manufacturer’s website.
- Reboot your system to apply the changes.
Create a new Key Registry
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box on your screen. Type Regedit and Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Once the Registry Editor window opens, navigate to
button on the left.
- Navigate to the right side of the window and right-click on a space. Click New >> DWORD (32-bit).
- Writing AutoEndTasks name of the new key, set its value to 1.
- Click the OK button to save the changes and close the Registry Editor.
Remove the application of the system Elara
- Finding the Control Panel from the Start menu and open it.
- Click Uninstall Program from the Program.
- Looking at Elara application or other suspicious programs that you can see in the installed programs list.
- Uninstall all of them in order and finally click the OK button.