At times your Windows 10 won’t turn on or more specifically it isn’t possible to restart your PC at all. So how do you fix it? Well, this article has the best solutions that’ll help you resolve this issue.
How can I fix the issue of Windows won’t turn off?
Unplug external devices:
So you may have different external devices plugged in your computer for various reasons, for example, a USB drive to store files. However, sometimes these external devices tend to interfere with the system and cause errors. Therefore you should consider unplugging all the external devices and see if the issue persists.
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
Change BIOS settings:
It was reported by several users that the window couldn’t start because of the wrong BIOS settings(BIOS set not to restart after a power failure). Hence, the BIOS takes every restart as a power failure. To fix the issue of Windows not turning on try to set appropriate BIOS settings.
If this article helped you fix the issue then, please leave your feedback in the comments section below.