The latest update for Windows 11 KB5014668 (OS Build 22000.778) includes a new feature as well as a number of bug fixes.
- Windows 11 users outside of the Windows Insider Program can now download KB5014668, which includes numerous enhancements.
- Unless you click the “Download & Install” button, this update will not be downloaded or installed.
- Windows 11 KB5014668 offline installations are also available for download.
The July 2022 Patch Tuesday is expected to provide new features and improvements that were included in the June 2022 optional update. To put it another way, even if you don’t install the update, you’ll get all the new features and improvements on the next Patch Tuesday.
To avoid receiving the same set of fixes again in a subsequent version, you must install the optional update. Instead, you’ll only get the security updates that aren’t already in your system. There is a new feature called ‘Search highlights’ in the Windows 11 optional update that will be released in June 2022.
Since its debut on Windows 10, the search highlights feature has made its way to devices running Windows 11 21H2 or later. Windows 11’s new search highlights function presents noteworthy and fascinating events throughout the day for people who aren’t familiar with it. Included in this are special days like Christmas and other milestones.
As a result, the events might be both global and local at the same time. The search icon on your taskbar is all you need to begin using search highlights. The look and feel of Windows Search have been totally redesigned to emphasize results from Bing, as shown in the screenshot above.
Your company’s latest news or announcements could be referenced in the material. Only if your device is tied to an organization would this happen. It’s possible for Windows to propose persons, files, and more if the device is already linked.
Users should be aware that search highlights will not appear immediately once the patch is installed. According to the corporation, it’s being brought out in stages, and some people won’t see it for a while.
Links to the Windows 11 KB5014668 download:
When you can’t download and install the update immediately via Windows Update, offline installers are a great alternative. If you’d rather use Microsoft Update Catalog to download the supported version than Windows Update, that’s an option as well.
Specifically, it’s a good idea to steer clear of optional upgrades. Actually, optional updates aren’t meant for enterprise PCs. Administrators can test the upcoming Patch Tuesday upgrade with an optional update. At the same time, those who are impatient to try out the optional update before Patch Tuesday can do so.
What’s new in Windows 11 KB5014668 (Build 22000.778)
There is a slew of problem patches in Windows 11 Build 22000.778, according to reports. Users may now upgrade to Windows 11 without encountering any problems, according to Microsoft’s recent change (original release). As a result of this issue being fixed on Windows 10, more people will be able to upgrade to the new operating system.
A problem with playing video clips in some games was fixed in Windows 11 Build 22000.778. Another bug has been resolved that might cause games to cease running if they use certain audio technology to play sound effects.
Some Bluetooth audio devices were unable to connect to Windows 11 because of a flaw in the operating system.
This release includes a number of quality enhancements. Microsoft, for example, has renamed the Your Phone app in the Settings to “Phone Link.” A problem with the Surface Dial customization settings page is also being addressed by Microsoft in Windows 11.
Listed here are all the fixes and enhancements that have been made:
- In security event 4262 and WinRM event 91, Microsoft is implementing IP address auditing capability for WinRM sessions.
- SMB redirector RDR was affecting a public File System Control (FSCTL) function called FSCTL LMR QUERY INFO, but Microsoft has since corrected it.
- Windows 11 (original release) upgrades may fail on Windows 10 due to a race situation that has been fixed.
- A problem that inhibits syncing between workstations after an inactivity time has been fixed by Microsoft in the Cloud Clipboard service.
- Microsoft has corrected a problem in which the Windows Sandbox launch screen does not disappear when Sandbox is running.
- When using Universal Print, users will soon be able to employ a network proxy.
- DirectX 12 games may no longer experience visual playback difficulties, thanks to an update from Microsoft (DX12).
- Microsoft has corrected a problem that prevents some games from running.