WLDCore.dll is essential for the system processes, and Windows functionality depends on them majorly. However sometimes due to the WLDCore.dll getting corrupted or missing you’re prompted with an error ‘WLDCore.dll is missing‘. But everything has a fix, and the below-mentioned methods can resolve the WLDCore.dll is missing error on your computers.
Fix to the WLDCore.dll is missing error:
Replace the missing DLL file:
- Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared folder in local disk C
- Look for wldcore.dll and wldlog.dll files.
- Copy the files
- Now head over to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live
- Paste the files in the folders Messenger, Contacts and Mail
- Now restart your computer.
Reinstall the applications:
There three main applications linked to the wldcore.dll files Windows live contacts, Windows live mail and Windows live messenger. So you can consider reinstalling the applications to fix the issue by the steps given below:
- Open the Windows Control Panel
- Next click on Programs and Features
- Now head over to one of the Windows live applications.
- Click on it and further click on Change
- And select repair
- Repeat the steps for other applications as well
Run an SFC and DSIM scan :
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Then let the command run and restart the PC
If you know more fixes to this error mention in the comments below!