Last Updated on September 29, 2023 by Rizwan
The new big update of Windows 11 has brought a bunch of modern features. Let’s discover what’s new in Windows 11 22H2 update.
You should be aware of the following:
- A free upgrade to version 22H2 will be made available to all Windows 11 users.
- During the second half of this year, Microsoft will release Windows 11 version 22H2 as its next significant update.
- Continuing polish, OS productivity improvements, and upgrades for tablet users are among its top priorities.
It was about a year ago that Microsoft first presented Windows 11, with a wider release expected in October 2021 for all users. With Windows 11, Microsoft has shifted to an annual release cycle, meaning that we will only receive one major OS update in a calendar year.
Finally, the next significant Windows 11 update has been released in preview for Insiders. In the Release Preview channel, Microsoft has delivered the Windows 11 22H2 upgrade.
Preparation with the next major edition of Windows, which also will be the first significant OS feature upgrade for Windows 11, is now underway at Microsoft. With the codename “Sun Valley 2” and “version 22H2” already in use, this upcoming update of Windows is expected to continue the vision that was initially unveiled in Windows 11 last year.
Currently being tested by members of Microsoft’s Windows Insider Program with weekly “active development” builds that include new features we intend to ship in the version 22H2 release, development on version 22H2 began just before Windows 11 was finished.
Everything from a revamped Task Manager to a Taskbar and Start menu overhaul is covered in this article. Without further giving too much away, let us have a look at the brand new features in Windows 11 22H2 (also known as Sun Valley 2).
We’re looking forward to the new Windows 11 features that will be available in September or October. So, we’ve rounded together the greatest new Windows 11 22H2 features for you.
Version 22H2: When can we expect it to be released?
Expect Windows 11 version 22H2 to arrive in the second part of 2022. After a “final build” is completed in May, more work will continue throughout the summer to resolve bugs and make other changes that will be distributed to the public via cumulative updates in September or October when version 22H2 is ready for release.
As you can see, this isn’t an exhaustive list, but more a fast rundown of the most significant changes and enhancements that are scheduled to be included in the new version 22H2.
For a more in-depth look at the brand-new capabilities, keep reading. Even if we didn’t include them all, Microsoft is working on hundreds, if not thousands, of repairs and additions for the next release.
This post will be updated as additional features become available. Check out our list of the best Windows 11 PCs while you’re at it.
Windows 11 22H2 Features
Everybody is wondering about what’s new in Windows 11 version 20H2. We’ve compiled a list of the 20 most useful features in Windows 11 22H2, including updates to the Start Menu, a redesigned Taskbar, and more.
- Start Menu
- Increased Pins.
- Decreased Recommendations.
- Search Highlights
- Support for dragging and dropping is included.
- Simple Bluetooth Configuration
- Any App Window Can Be Shared
- Global Shortcut to Mute Microphone.
- Charge and Cast Icons Revamped
- Color Profile Toggle Enhancements.
- File Explorer
- Quick Access renamed to Home
- Favorite Things to Pin
- Integration with OneDrive
- Previews of Folders
- Shortcut for Copy as Path.
- Task Manager Has Been Redesigned
- Improvements to Snap Layouts
- Flyout UI for Volume and Brightness
- Legacy Apps got Mica Effect
- Integration of DND and Focus.
- Gestures for the Touchscreen have been updated.
- Aspects of Accessibility
- Live Captioning
- Voice-Access Enhancement
- More Natural Narrator
- Windows Spotlight
- Improved AirPods Support
- Enhancements to the Lock Screen Interface
- Improved Animations on Displays with a High Refresh Rate
- Microsoft Subscriptions option added to Windows Settings.
- Enhancements to the AirPlane Mode
- More Control Panel features moved to the Settings App.
- Print Queue has been added
- Upgrades to Data Security and Privacy
- Control of Smart Apps
- Core Isolation is Enabled by Default
- Windows update is even more eco-friendly
Surprise: Windows 11 Pro requires a Microsoft account.
There is one change in Windows 11 22H2 that customers will not appreciate, despite the fact that the enhancements described above will be welcomed by users. Microsoft now asks you to log in to your online account to set up your Windows 11 PC. Previously, this was not required.
A Microsoft account is required for a fresh install of Windows 11 22H2 build. On the OOBE screen, you cannot use a local account.
When this requirement was first introduced, it was exclusively for Windows 11 Home customers. Now, it applies to all users of Windows 11.
You may still update to Windows 11 22H2 with a local account, so that’s good news for those who don’t want to link a Microsoft account.
And wait, don’t worry. Here is the solution: How to bypass Microsoft Account restriction during Windows 11 setup.
These are the brand-new features that will be available to you as part of the Windows 11 22H2 upgrade. All of the new features in Windows 11 thrilling with anticipation. Let’s see what new features are added and what features are removed until Windows 11 version 22H2 hits the stable channel.