Last Updated on November 16, 2022 by Rizwan
Download DirectX 12 for Windows 10 (64-Bit & 32-Bit). DirectX Windows10 version enables best quality games and multimedia. Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10 OS. This is (sort of) Offline installer / full standalone setup with Direct link to Download
DirectX 12 offline installer of latest version.
First of all, what is DirectX and why do we install it, by the way?
DirectX 12 is the latest version of DirectX by Microsoft which is released for Windows 10, exclusively. It allows graphics intensive software and games to directly access video and audio hardware for maximum performance.
It is a kind of framework which is used to develop software/games by developers and our computer needs respective version of DirectX installed in order to render/play/run that software or game on our Windows PC.
Source >> DirectX 12 for Windows 10
DirectX 12 supported games can use GPU in much better way to render maximum graphics, video and audio experience. As a result, the games produce vivid graphics quality and crispy sounds with ultimate details.
- Why DirectX 12 is a must have for Windows 10?
- DirectX 12 for Windows 10 (64 bit / 32 bit) Modern Machines
- The Fact About DX 12
- How to check DirectX version
- Fix: DX 12 is not Installed on Windows 10
- DirectX 12 for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- How to Install DirectX 12 on Windows 7, 8
- Supported Operating Systems
- Supported GPUs
- Supported Games
- Technical and Setup Details
- System Requirements
- Errors and Troubleshooting
Direct X technology is owned by Microsoft and comes pre-installed with all operating system version of Microsoft.
Why You Should Have DirectX 12 for Windows 10 (64-Bit / 32-Bit)?
DX 12 has got a lot of critical improvements which have revolutionized the gaming world. Modern game lovers like to play latest games on Windows 10, and modern games require latest version of DirectX on Windows 10. It greatly enhances gaming experience by providing higher Frames Per Second (FPS), less process crashes during gameplay and many more problems.
DirectX 12 for Windows 10 Modern Machines
Do I need to download and install DirectX 12 on Windows 10? Ultimate Answer is here!
Windows 10 genuine laptops and PCs which come Win10 operating system pre-installed are usually built according to latest technology (starting from generation 5, 6 and later). Such machines especially gaming laptops and PCs generally have multicore processor (CPU) for ultimate gaming experince. DirectX12 is especially designed to get advantage of these powerful computers.
The Fact About DirectX 12 (64 bit / 32 bit) for Windows 10
If you want to install DirectX12 on Windows10, then you are already there. Win10 is fully supported for DirectX12 and it comes pre-installed. You really do not need to install it manually.
NOTE: If you find an older version of DirectX installed on your Windows10, then chances are you either have an older build number of Win 10 supported with Direct3D 10 Graphics for Windows or you need to update Windows 10 to download latest features and updates.
How to Check Latest Version of DirectX 12 on Windows 10?
If you do not know how to check DirectX version on Windows then follow these few steps:
- Click on Start (Start Menu) in left bottom of desktop.
- type ‘dxdiag‘
- DirectX icon will show up in search results. Click/tap on dxdiag icon.
- Press Ok/Yes if prompted.
- DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear with a few details. Find DirectX version at the end of this list
Learn more >> How to Check your current installed DirectX version
Fix: DirectX 12 is not Installed on Windows 10 (64 bit / 32 bit)
If for some reason you find an older version of DirectX installed on your Windows10, then chances are you either have an older build number of Win 10 or you need to update Windows 10 to download latest features and updates.
Here is a detailed tutorial on Download, install and upgrade DirectX 12 from Windows Update.
DirectX 12 (64 bit / 32 bit) for Windows 7, 8 and Previous Versions
What DirectX version should I install on Windows 7, Windows 8 or previous versions? Best Solution!
If you struggling to find and install
DirectX 12 on Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even Vista, XP etc. you may need some patience as Windows 8 and Windows 7 are not supported to handle DX 12. The bad news is Microsoft does not seem to have any plans to add DirectX12 support for Windows 7, 8 or earlier versions.
Downoad DirectX 11.2 for WINDOWS 7 | 8/8.1 (32/64 BIT). Alternatively, you can download DirectX End User Runtime here (recommended). Windows 10 users do not need to install anything because they already have it installed.
How to Install DirectX 12 on Windows 7, 8 or Earlier Versions?
Honestly, there is not feasible way to do this. However, you can install latest version of DirectX for Windows 7 and Windows 8 either via Windows update or you can download DirectX End-User Runtime or DirectX June 2010 update.
DirectX 12 Supported Operating Systems
Which operating system support DirectX 12 (other than Windows 10)?
Currently, DirectX12 is only supported in Microsoft Windows 10. No other OS like Mac or Linux support DirectX 12 (64 bit / 32 bit) yet. Even Windows 8.1 / 8 or Windows 7 do not support this technology.
- Windows XP (not supported)
- Windows Vista (not supported)
- Windows 7 (currently not supported)
- Windows 8 (currently not supported)
- Windows 10 (Supported)
DirectX 12 Supported Graphic Cards (GPUs)
Does my video / graphics card support DirectX 12? If not, then why?
You computer hardware (graphics / video card) must support DX 12. If it is not supported, the Windows will automatically install an older version of DirectX. No matter if you have latest version of Windows 10 and up to date with latest updates.
So if you have Windows 10 with old version of DirectX (11.3, 11.2, 11, etc), then check if your graphic card is supported or not. If not, then you should consider replacing it. If you can’t afford Nvidia or AMD GPUs, then go for Intel HD cards because these are comparatively cheaper than others.
Here are separate lists for Nvidia and AMD graphic cards with DirectX 12 support.
NVIDIA and AMD are the leading GPU manufacturers of current era. These both are rivals too. Here is a list of supported graphic cards of both brands:
DirectX 12 Supported NVIDIA GPUs (updated 2020)
What NVIDIA Graphic Cards Support DirectX 12? The list goes here:
- TITAN Xp
- TITAN X
- GEFORCE RTX 20 SERIES LAPTOP
- GEFORCE GTX 1650 LAPTOP
- GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti LAPTOP
- GEFORCE GTX 1650
- GEFORCE GTX 1660TI
- GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
- GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER
- GEFORCE RTX 2080
- GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER
- GEFORCE RTX 2070
- GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER
- GEFORCE RTX 2060
- GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti
- GEFORCE GTX 10-SERIES NOTEBOOKS
- GEFORCE GTX 1080
- GEFORCE GTX 1070 Ti
- GEFORCE GTX 1070
- GEFORCE GTX 1060
Here is a full list of DX12 supported NVIDIA GPUs.
DirectX 12 Supported AMD GPUs
What AMD Graphic Cards Support DirectX 12? The list goes here:
- AMD Radeon™ R5 240 graphics
- AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ RX Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics
Here is a full list of DX12 supported AMD GPUs.
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)
List of DirectX 12 Supported Games
List of games with DirectX 12 support (2020 updated)
What games support DirectX 12? Here is a comprehensive list of DX 12 supported games:
- AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected
- Anno 1800
- Ashes of the Singularity
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
- Battlefield 1
- Battlefield V
- Battlezone (2017)
- Bloodlines of Prima
- Civilization VI
- Crackdown 3
- Descent (2019)
- Deus Ex: Breach
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Devil May Cry 5
- FIFA 18
- FIFA 19
- Forza Horizon 3
- Forza Horizon 4
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Gears of War 4
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- Halo 5: Forge
- Halo Recruit
- Halo Wars 2
- Heroes & Generals
- Hitman 2
- Madden NFL 19
- Madden NFL 20
- Metro Exodus
- Quantum Break
- Resident Evil 2 (2019)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Serious Sam Fusion 2017
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Sniper Elite 4
- Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)
- Strange Brigade
- The Talos Principle
- Tom Clancy’s The Division
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
- Total War: Warhammer
- Total War: Warhammer II
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- World of Warcraft
Get DirectX 12 Quick Reference Guide / Tutorial
Tip: Spice up your gaming experience with Xpadder game controls for Windows 10 64 bit / 32 bit desktop PC.
Features of Microsoft DirectX 12 (64 bit – 32 bit)
Why DirectX 12 is better than DirectX 11, OpenGL and Vulkan?
DX 12 has its own set of powerful features that make it perform better than DirectX 11, OpenGL and even Vulkan (from AMD) is several aspects.
Here are some of features that you’ll enjoy after free DirectX 12 download for Windows 10 64 bit. Most of these features are concerned with PC games and some other OS effects, including multimedia.
- More efficient performance than earlier versions.
- Optimum use of multi-core processor power.
- Shading effects.
- Direct 3D 12 (D3DX12)
- Tessellation texturing technology.
- Smooth animation.
- diagrams titles
- Nice 3D rendering.
- memory capture type tracking
- Multi-processor support.
- Graphic rendering to make it look close to real-life effects.
- Flawless bump mapping technique.
- DXGI tearing feature
- Smoother and less-cluttered shapes.
- Tremendous level of graphics details.
- Direct compute for graphic acceleration, especially for photo editor software like Adobe Photoshop.
Some extra features are:
- Scalability for Artwork.
- MSAA sample inspection
- Even better SDK layers
- Ready for future video games
- tiling and memory reservation
- Improved performance with modern engine
- Debugging the hangs and crashes
- Higher FPS (frame per second) than earlier ever
- GPU drivers for HLSL shader
- Clang/LLVM based shader compiler
- PIX for performance tuning and debugging for DirectX 12 on Windows 64 bit & 32 bit
- Enhanced visualizers
- Vast range of GPU plugins
- DXDIAG system diagnostic for true specifications of system
- Enhanced sound quality
- Enhanced warnings UI for more sense
- Support for almost all types of graphic cards, including this page, Intel and ATI.
Visit this page For more details about Microsoft DX 12 64 bit and 32 bit.
Microsoft DirectX 12 for Windows Technical and Setup Details
- Name: Microsoft DirectX 12
- Type: Full Standalone setup / Offline installer
- Compatible with: Windows 10, 32 bit (x86) / 64 bit (x64)
- Developer: Microsoft
- License: Free for Windows
System Requirements for Microsoft DirectX 12 Offline installer
Here are minimum system requirements that you should consider before starting DirectX 12 64 bit free download on Windows 7 64 bit on your desktop PC. Though there are no costly requirements, yet you’re recommended to have a look and make sure you meet minimum requirements to install DirectX 12 64 bit or 32 bit on Windows 10 and 7.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8/8.1.
- CPU: Pentium 1.5 GHz
- RAM (Physical memory): 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: At least 100 MB free disk space.
- DirectX 12 supported graphics card.
DirectX 12 Errors and Troubleshooting
Missing DirectX fully or partially (missing or corrupted required files) and older not supported version or outdated hardware can generate various errors in DX. Here is a selected list of some errors:
Here is complete list with supported information
If you have a modern graphic card installed in your computer (pc or laptop), it might be supported to dx xii. This technology should be considered an essential component of gaming pc and gaming laptops as gamer would love it.
Here is a list of frequently asked question. The full list of FAQs is here.
What is DirectX 12?
DirectX 12 is the latest version of DirectX by Microsoft which is released for Windows 10. It is a kind of framework which is used to develop software/games by developers and our computer needs respective version of DirectX installed in order to render/play/run that software or game on our Windows PC.
How Games can benefit from DirectX 12?
The games which are developed using DirectX 12 API will benefit from DX 12. Those games or software which were developed using DirectX 11 or earlier versions (10, 9, etc.) will use their respective version for graphics and audio rendering rather than DirectX12 technology.
Does DirectX version 12 support all games?
It only supports the games or software which are designed according to its standard and framework.
Will installing DirectX 12 will improve the graphics quality of all games?
It will just improve the quality of those games which are developed on the DirectX v. 12 frameworks (API).
Is DirectX 13 available for download?
DirectX 13 is not available for download at the moment as it has not released till now. There are low chances of DX13 as Microsoft has released DirectX 12 Ultimate and claims it the future of DirectX.
What is DirectX 12 Ultimate?
DirectX 12 Ultimate is the latest release that enhances games and graphics with new technologies such as ray tracing, variable-rate shading, mesh shaders, and more. Learn more about DX12 Ultimate here.Learn more on DirectX 12 FAQs here.
For more information and latest updates, follow DX 12 on Twitter too.