Download DirectX 12 for Windows 10 (64-Bit & 32-Bit). DirectX Windows10 version enables best quality games and multimedia. Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10 OS. This is Offline installer / full standalone setup with Direct link to Download
DirectX 12 offline installer.
INFO: Direct X technology is owned by Microsoft and comes pre-installed with all operating system version of Microsoft.
Why You Should Have DirectX 12 for Windows 10 (64-Bit / 32-Bit)?
DirectX 12 has got a lot of critical improvements which have revolutionized the gaming world. Modern game lovers like to play latest games on Windows 10, and modern games require latest version of DirectX on Windows 10. It greatly enhances gaming experience by providing higher Frames Per Second (FPS), less process crashes during gameplay and many more problems.
DirectX 12 for Windows 10 (64 bit / 32 bit) Modern Machines
Windows 10 genuine laptops and PCs which come Win10 operating system pre-installed are usually built according to latest technology (starting from generation 5, 6 and later). Such machines especially gaming laptops and PCs generally have multicore processor (CPU) for ultimate gaming experince. DirectX12 is especially designed to get advantage of these powerful computers.
The Fact About DirectX 12 (64 bit / 32 bit) for Windows 10
If you want to install DirectX12 on Windows10, then you are already there. Win10 is fully supported for DirectX12 and it comes pre-installed. You really do not need to install it manually.
NOTE: If you find an older version of DirectX installed on your Windows10, then chances are you either have an older build number of Win 10 supported with Direct3D 10 Graphics for Windows or you need to update Windows 10 to download latest features and updates.
How to Check Latest Version of DirectX 12 on Windows 10?
If you do not know how to check DirectX version on Windows then follow these few steps:
- Click on Start (Start Menu) in left bottom of desktop.
- type ‘dxdiag‘
- DirectX icon will show up in search results. Click/tap on dxdiag icon.
- Press Ok/Yes if prompted.
- DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear with a few details. Find DirectX version at the end of this list.
Fix: DirectX 12 is not Installed on Windows 10 (64 bit / 32 bit)
If for some reason you find an older version of DirectX installed on your Windows10, then chances are you either have an older build number of Win 10 or you need to update Windows 10 to download latest features and updates.
DirectX 12 (64 bit / 32 bit) for Windows 7, 8 and Previous Versions
If you struggling to find and install
DirectX 12 on Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even Vista, XP etc. you may need some patience as Windows 8 and Windows 7 are not supported to handle DirectX 12. The bad news is Microsoft does not seem to have any plans to add DirectX12 support for Windows 7, 8 or earlier versions.
How to Install DirectX 12 on Windows 7, 8 or Earlier Versions?
Honestly, there is not feasible way to do this. However, you can install latest version of DirectX for Windows 7 and Windows 8 either via Windows update or you can
download DirectX End-User Runtime or DirectX June 2010 update.
DirectX 12 Supported Operating Systems
Currently, DirectX12 is only supported in Microsoft Windows 10. No other OS like Mac or Linux support DirectX 12 (64 bit / 32 bit) yet. Even Windows 8.1 / 8 or Windows 7 do not support this technology.
DirectX 12 Supported Graphic Cards (GPUs)
NVIDIA and AMD are the leading GPU manufacturers of current era. These both are rivals too. Here is a list of supported graphic cards of both brands:
DirectX 12 Supported NVIDIA GPUs
The list goes here:
- NVIDIA TITAN X
- GeForce GTX 10-Series Notebooks
- GeForce GTX 1080
- GeForce GTX 1070
- GeForce GTX 1060
- GeForce GTX TITAN X
- GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- GeForce GTX 980
- GeForce GTX 980
- GeForce GTX 980M
Here is a full list of DX12 supported NVIDIA GPUs.
DirectX 12 Supported AMD GPUs
The list goes here:
- AMD Radeon™ R5 240 graphics
- AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ RX Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)
Here is a full list of DX12 supported AMD GPUs.
List of DirectX 12 Supported Games
Here is a comprehensive list of DirectX 12 (64 bit / 32 bit) supported games:
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Ashes of the Singularity
- Quantum Break
- Total War: Warhammer
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Get DirectX 12 Quick Reference Guide / Tutorial
Find a full and up to date list of DirectX supported games here.
Tip: Spice up your gaming experience with Xpadder game controls for Windows 10 64 bit / 32 bit desktop PC.
Features of Microsoft DirectX 12 (64 bit – 32 bit)
Here are some of features that you’ll enjoy after free DirectX 12 download for Windows 10 64 bit. Most of these features are concerned with PC games and some other OS effects, including multimedia.
- More efficient performance than earlier versions.
- Optimum use of multi-core processor power.
- Shading effects.
- Direct 3D 12 (D3DX12)
- Tessellation texturing technology.
- Smooth animation.
- diagrams titles
- Nice 3D rendering.
- memory capture type tracking
- Multi-processor support.
- Graphic rendering to make it look close to real-life effects.
- Flawless bump mapping technique.
- DXGI tearing feature
- Smoother and less-cluttered shapes.
- Tremendous level of graphics details.
- Direct compute for graphic acceleration, especially for photo editor software like Adobe Photoshop.
Some extra features are:
- Scalability for Artwork.
- MSAA sample inspection
- Even better SDK layers
- Ready for future video games
- tiling and memory reservation
- Improved performance with modern engine
- Debugging the hangs and crashes
- Higher FPS (frame per second) than earlier ever
- GPU drivers for HLSL shader
- Clang/LLVM based shader compiler
- PIX for performance tuning and debugging for DirectX 12 on Windows 64 bit & 32 bit
- Enhanced visualizers
- Vast range of GPU plugins
- DXDIAG system diagnostic for true specifications of system
- Enhanced sound quality
- Enhanced warnings UI for more sense
- Support for almost all types of graphic cards, including this page, Intel and ATI.
Visit this page For more details about Microsoft DIrectX 12 64 bit and 32 bit.
Microsoft DirectX 12 for Windows Technical and Setup Details
- Name: Microsoft DirectX 12
- Type: Full Standalone setup / Offline installer
- Compatible with: Windows 10, 32 bit (x86) / 64 bit (x64)
- Developer: Microsoft
- License: Free for Windows
System Requirements for Microsoft DirectX 12 Offline installer
Here are minimum system requirements that you should consider before starting DirectX 12 64 bit free download on Windows 7 64 bit on your desktop PC. Though there are no costly requirements, yet you’re recommended to have a look and make sure you meet minimum requirements to install DirectX 12 64 bit or 32 bit on Windows 10 and 7.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8/8.1.
- CPU: Pentium 1.5 GHz
- RAM (Physical memory): 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: At least 100 MB free disk space.
DirectX 12 Errors and Troubleshooting
Missing DirectX fully or partially (missing or corrupted required files) and older not supported version or outdated hardware can generate various errors in DX. Here is a selected list of some errors:
Here is complete list with supported information
If you have a modern graphic card installed in your computer (pc or laptop), it might be supported to dx xii. This technology should be considered an essential component of gaming pc and gaming laptops as gamers would love it.
For more information and latest updates, follow DX 12 on Twitter too.